Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ellison Arrives



Welcome Ellison Sue Losin!
As any mother knows, or parent I should say, leaving your 8 month old for an entire week is heartbreaking. That is exactly how we felt leaving Ellison when we pulled out of Mimi and Gramps' driveway to make the cross country hike. We knew she was int he best care ever and that there was no way we would ever live up to the amount of fun she would have with her grandparents and how much smoother the trip was for all of us, including Ellison. Still we missed her like crazy.
But the day had arrived that she and Nana were making their arrival. I was panicked to be at the airport in time to see them come down the gateway. I did not take as many pictures as I would have liked because while I was standing there and when I saw that BOB stroller make the turn the tears were flowing. ( As I am writing this, I am realizing that I have a lot of emotions these days and that crying seems to come up a a lot. Rest assured that they are tears of joy.)
She got squeezed the whole rest of the day and settled in much easier than I had thought. I originally was thinking that the transition to the Pacific time zone would take a week, but that little angel fell right into her routine by Day 2.
The Losins are back together and now Californians! Never thought I would say that. Time to unpack and settle in.

1 comment:

  1. The Losins are back together! I'm so happy for you guys! And Nana is there also? That's wonderful! Ellison is so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete