Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Crazy Purple Day


Emma's school is gearing up for their annual Silent Auction and in doing so a local restaurant called The Purple Place was giving a portion of the proceeds back to her school yesterday. In honor of his the school had a crazy purple day dress theme.Could there be a better day for Emma? All the kids in her class made her purple dress pictures and even her teacher was excited for her.
So we pulled out all the purple and she made her appearance as Super Purple Emma!

Ellison summed it up with a "What you talking about, Willis".
Looking at these pictures of Emma running and just being a kid makes me appreciate that I have healthy,beautiful children. I hope that I am doing a good job of letting them be who they are and helping to embrace their individual spirits. As every mother knows, raising kids has it challenges, but more rewards. Emma loves her purple and she chose her outfit today, all three bows and cape. I loved it and I loved seeing her in it. There are times when I cringe at what she picks out to wear and then I have to stop myself and just say " who gives a crud what she wears, she is only a kid once!" She is my "super girl" in so many ways.

She and her dad had a date night at the Purple Place! It was a Perfectly Purple Day!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing an amazing job! Love the photos and love you!

    ReplyDelete