So as anyone who reads this knows I am behind. I am going to apologize now for the length and number of posts to come. The Losinwalds have been busy these past few weeks and I can not wait to share it with our loved ones.Starting Backwards..... Mother's Day 2011!
First, Let me start by saying Happy Mother's day to two of the most important ladies in our lives. Happy Mother's Day Nana and Mimi! You two set the bar for being Mothers. Thank you for all you do.
Second, Happy Mothers Day to the other ladies in our Family, Great -Grandma EJ, Great Grandma Flo, Aunt Erica, Aunt Tammy, Aunt Nancy ( the gang would not make it without her!) and my Aunt Karen! We are so blessed to have some many wonderful Mothers!
To all my friends who are Mothers... Happy Mother's day. I love you and hope this was your best one yet!
My Mother's day, I still can not believe I can say that, started out on Friday, with a Mother's day Royal Tea at Emma's School. I was greeted at the door by my beautiful daughter who
escorted me to the photo booth for a picture then to my table where I was presented with a flower, picture frame and hand made book. Her class then sang several songs for the Moms. ( Thankfully Mrs. Perry had tissue boxes located at my table). Emma has really come out of her shell since starting school here in California and she sang the loudest and proudest I have ever seen her do. Way to go Emma!
Emma outfitted me from her "clothes shoppe"
Saturday, I got a shocking surprise. Emma told me she wanted to go and get her toenails painted with me. WHAT?!?!?! My pirate girl wanted to go get her nails done! I was all over it. Made a lunch date with her friend Finley at the Purple Place and then nail
appointments for the 4 of us at Monica's Nail Salon.
I am still in disbelief that she wanted to
A.) do something with me that I enjoy doing.
B.) Do something Girlie and
C.) she enjoyed every minute of it.
She even asked me not wash her feet so that the paint will not come off. Not sure I can follow that request, she may turn from Awesome Emma to Stinky Feet Losin.
From the Nail Salon we hit the road with Finley, Nica and Alina to go to Danny's 5th Birthday Party! All 4 girls from Emma's school and me. Yes, 4 car seats, 4 girl conversations and one Justin Beiber to oodle over ( he was not in the car but he was on one of the girls ipads and so for the first time Emma asked "who is Justin Beiber and what does he do with his hair?")
Danny's party was at a Gymnastics place and Emma showed her skills.
I think the boy who helped with the party had the same hair cut I did in the 8th grade. I just hoped mine feathered the same way!
Did I mentioned it was pirate themed!
We then headed home and I realized that 4 kids is too many for the Losins because we would have all girls and the drama and conversations would send Dave to the crazy house before he turned 40! I loved being the bus driver for the day!
Sunday was another day of surprises, this time from Dave. He got me my favorite flowers,
a certificate for some new clothes( I have not gotten really any new work clothes since before Emma was born)
cooked me my favorite breakfast, eggs Benedict,
burned his hand (worth it for the amazing breakfast...just kidding. the breakfast was amazing he even poached the eggs in water like the food network but I did not want him to scald himself on the handle of the pan)
We then spent the day playing with the kids and towards the end of the day we got out the bounce house and the girls and I played while Chef David prepared dinner.
Another favorite of mine, Spaghetti Bolognese.
This Mother's day was wonderful and I am grateful for my family and my many blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment