Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend in Review


So for some reason Dave and I are exhausted on Friday nights. It could be the 5AM wake up time that is now our everyday norm. How Dave transitioned to that I am still in awe, or it could be that we are just getting older. But now, we do not think our weekend starts until Saturday morning and this is how it started off.
I loaded up Ellison into the Jog stroller for a little, "run off your growing rear end ( thank you wine and more wine)", run and when we walked outside of our garage to make a right, this is what was waiting for us.Now, I know that most people would freak out, which I had a momentary gasp, but I was rather fascinated. #1 I sell the rattlesnake antivenin to all the Northern California Hospitals, so I have come to appreciate them for my livelihood and a job and #2 I thought this would be a good learning opportunity for Emma to see what one looks like up close. I keep telling her to watch where she steps, puts her hands and look inside her toys before playing with them outside. She keeps saying, "I know Mom. You do not have to keep telling me."
Thankfully, our community association comes and removes the deceased rattlesnakes from your property or, should you ever find a live one, you can call the Fire Department. Welcome to Rattlesnake Country! I hope this is my one and only sighting!
From that I took Emma to get a hair cut. She has requested that her hair grow long like Rapunzel's. So just a trim.
Why is it that a 10 minute kids haircut costs $18? Is it the price of sitting in the cool chair?

So the rest of the day we spent running errands and playing which included a trip tothe park before dinner. On our way there we noticed several of our neighbors with chairs and coolers headed to the Block Party! Now I m not one to shy away from meeting people, but I am trying
to be more relaxed and go with the flow since moving here. Dave on the other hand, Shockingly said, "We should go. how are we going to meet any new people if we do not try." So looking beautiful from running and wiping snotty noses we packed up the wagon and
cooler and headed to the Block Party! It was a blast and we met some neighbors!
Sunday, was a windy day and for the first time we flew a kite! Really flew a kite. There were many attempts in GA, but never super successful. Dave to the rescue!

1 comment:

  1. Busy weekend! About the rattlesnake: #1-glad it was dead. #2-SO glad you can quickly get your hands on rattlesnake antivenin! (just in case) The girls are beautiful, can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete