Monday, May 16, 2011

Johnny Garlics


Emma has a new obsession, to say the least. It is the Food Network. She loves Guy Fieri, Bobby Flay and now Rachael Ray. She likes to watch it every night before bed and in the morning. This had led to many "Bobby Flay" recipes in my kitchen. She likes a big mixing bowl, wooden spoon, garlic salt, water, flour, sugar, ground ginger, cumin and pretty much any other spice any of them mention on their show that day. She mixes it up and gives it to puppy.

Thankfully for us, Guy has a restaurant here in Sacramento called Johhny Garlics. So on Saturday, after a trip to the mall, where we rode the Carousel, played on playground, rode a bear in circles, shopped for the kids and, oh yes, I got a new outfit for work, we hit Johnny Garlics.
On a side note, as I have gotten older, I do not enjoy shopping. It could be because I most likely have 2 children with me at all times, or that I do not think anyone has good customer service anymore, or that I am getting run over by the teenagers, or that I do not like crowds. But whatever the reason, I just really do not enjoy shopping. Has this happened to anyone else? I am hoping to out grow this.

While at the mall, Ellison needed some new PJs, so Dave picked out a pair. With no little boys in the house he has to get his kicks somewhere. Hence the Octopus PJs. Very cute might I say.
I also have to mention that our beautiful California weather has been a little cray lately. Lake Tahoe got snow this past weekend and we were under a Winter Advisory. It is May 15th and still snowing. The girls and I got caught in a hail storm at the Nugget and Dave tried to play golf in this beautiful weather. A high of 43 degrees and this is what our backyard looked like.
They say by Friday it should be 80!

No comments:

Post a Comment