Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday, Emma!

I can not believe Emma is 5 years old today. Where has the time gone? My baby is turning into a little girl who acts likes she is going on 15...sometimes!

Emma had, in her own words, "the best birthday ever!"
Before school she got to open Miss Loni's special present, A book from Rio and Fransceco

It was a school day, which in my world would be a bummer to have to spend my birthday going to school, but not for Emma. The kid loves going to school. I just hope the thought continues for many more years.

But after walking in to her room, I now know why. All the kids were waiting for her and as she turned the corner they began singing "Happy Birthday". The tears came again, for me.


Her chair had a special sign that said Classroom Queen and she got to wear a special sticker. Also, I was able to bring in a special snack for the class, Cupcakes! Now, anyone who knows me would think that I stayed up all night and made homemade cupcakes, but I am
learning the my limitations and ordered purple cupcakes from the Nugget!

After school, as a Birthday surprise ( I am kidding) , Emma had her first CCD class. Again, she was thrilled to go because she was going to be in class with her buddies, Regular Alex and Danny. Lourdes( Danny's Mom) and I have named them the 3 Musketeers!


From there, Party #2 began! This time it was just us 4 with Mimi, Gramps and Aunt Erica via Skype!
Blowing out her unlit candle

Her birthday request list grew daily but here are a few items that she got to open:

Cars Monopoly from The Canovas
My little Pony movie from Gracie, Bonnie, Aunt Erica and Uncle Corey
Shake it Up clothes from Mom and Dad
"Spydeey" the spy plane from Cars 2 compliments of her sister
And a Barbie bath castle.Thanks Nana and Pop Pop!

Quite the eclectic mix but as we found out she now loves the Disney show Shake it Up, and playing with Barbies. So in other words, as she grows so does her tastes and I think that is one thing that I love about her. She will try and has interest in such a mix of things, I think it helps to keep her growing more well rounded.

I think this past year, from 4 to 5 has been one of my favorite years, because Emma has grown so much. She proves to be an independent, loving and free spirited child. She still has to wear only her purple polka-dot bow with everything and gets on her kicks about food and will have the same meal request daily for a while and then change it up slightly. She still sleeps with her snakes, princess blanket and polka-dot blanket. She is starting to ask for things by Brand Name ( thank you commercials on Disney) and also continues to impress us all with her knowledge. She is just like her father, wants to know everything about everything. But like me she has become the social butterfly at school.
Happy Birthday, Emma! We love you and wish you all the joy you deserve for this next year of your life.

1 comment:

  1. We love and miss you, our sweet, smart, beautiful, precious niece! Hope your 5th birthday was as awesome as you are!!!!

    ReplyDelete