Sunday, August 21, 2011

Vroom, Vroom...


Losin Raceway had a lot of winners this past Saturday, but none as special as the Birthday Girl herself!
Emma's Cars 2 themed party was a blast and it was my favorite one to plan to date. I am absolutely exhausted, but it was worth it! Everyone had a good time and most of all Emma!
All of Emma's classmates from last year were there as well as some new friends. Dan-the-man, Sofia, Regular Alex, Colin, Ava, Finley, Erica, Melodie, Nica, Kiya and of course Ellison.
Danny and Sofia
Finley

Ava
Regular Alex

Each racer picked up their pit pass and headed straight for the bounce house when they arrived.

After a little bit it was time to strap on the helmets and hit the track. This could be the only time I was thankful for a mulch pit of a back yard ( the house we are renting has no landscaped yard. It is literally a mulch pit, but it was perfect for the party). The kids divided into teams and did a relay of passing the balloon. We had a couple of redoes but they all crossed the finish line and only one clothesline accident from Kiya to Danny.

Next we played charades, or a version there of. They did great and we got to see how creative they can be at making Buzz Lightyear.
Colin jumping like a frog! Check out the height he got!

Then they got to color a race car for themselves to take home.

I thought all of those activities would keep 12 kids happy for a good period of time, but when I looked down and saw we still had another hour, I thought how do teachers do it all day! Thank goodness the pizza girl showed up.

So it was pizza and fruit for the kids, plus a little extra m&m's from the table arrangements, and my mom being in town helped me feed the "Pit Crew". We had pork tenderloin sandwiches, meatballs stuffed with mozarella, toast points with goat cheese and olive tapenade and a green salad.

From there it was time for cake. Emma wanted a race track cake with Holly Shiftwell and Lightning McQueen on top. Voila!


It was a perfect party for our very special Girl! As crazy as it gets for me to plan these parties, I would not have it any other way. It was a memorable day for all and nothing brings me more happiness than to see my girls smile!
Thankfully, I have several more months before planning Ellison's next party!

No comments:

Post a Comment