Up to this year Emma has made it to about 8 houses total in 4 years. She just never really got into the whole House to House trick-or treating. She more enjoyed giving the candy and hanging out. Not this year though!
We were lucky enough to have the Garden's join us for some Halloween fun! Which any event with Danny is better in Emma's book!
The kids had some mummy hot dogs and spider punch and then we hit the hood. I was super excited because the neighborhood we are renting a house in is perfect for trick-or-treating. The houses are close together, there are sidewalks throughout and a million kiddos.
So we set off ....
Just a note. Emma chose her Medusa costume last year in the costume catalog and did not change her mind. Ellison got to be the Peacock!
So my expectations were high for this Halloween in regards to Emma, but with Ellison I was planning on hitting just our close neighbors and then heading back to the house where she and I could give out candy.
Boy was I wrong.
We made it to the first house, second house, third house ..... and then I had to run home and get the wagon. That girl did not miss a beat!
She went to every house her sister and Danny went to. When she saw them go up to the front door, she would begin to stand up in her wagon and say "Twick Tweat!"
Dave or I would put on her head piece and she would say "Thank you" and away she would go. I might add that she was super polite. She would only take one piece of candy and said thank you each time. Thata girl!
I did make the mistake of trying to hold her candy ghost bag. She was having none of that.
I bravely left our candy basket on the front porch and we came home to about 10 pieces out of 300 left. More than I thought would be there!
The front walkway decorations are compliments of Emma's Designs. She insisted on Purple lights and a ghost!
It was a great night and I can not wait for next year! Emma has already called it, she wants to be a Unicorn!
No comments:
Post a Comment