Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Day of JK!

So here in CA PreK is called Junior Kindergarten. Semantics really. Regardless, Emma was soexcited about going to school. We knew this was one task on our list of things to complete when we arrived in California that could not be put on the back burner.
I began the search for the perfect school last week with calling pretty much every single preschool in the El Dorado Hills area looking for open spots. Here is California they do things a little bit different. They offer both morning and afternoon classes for Junior Kindergarten and they also have many in home preschools. I decided to keep an open mind as I visited many of them. After some careful thought and consideration Dave, Emma and I decided on Golden Hills School.
From the reaction from her first day, I know we made the right choice.
Emma has to wear a uniform. To her dislike, the school colors do not include purple. However, she is permitted to wear her signature dark purple bow!

When we arrived the Principal, Assistant Principal, a class mom and her 5 new friends were all waiting to welcome her. What a great way to start your first day!.Her teacher, Miss Perry, said she did great. She has only 6 kids in her class. ( again, something different here, small class sizes, the ratio is 6:1) They are already through the alphabet and starting to read. She and Miss Perry were having a nice discussion about how her daughter is also named Emma and how she thought Emma was an awesome name and how happy she was to have her in her class.. Emma's reply,"they do not call me Awesome Emma for nothin'."
Flying lessons after school
( the tissue are her wings)
Another first happened in the Losin house last night. Ellison slept on her tummy for the first time. Thanks to the video monitor, I was able to tell you about it. With Emma the only way we used to know about these things was when we would go in 100 times a night to make sure she was still breathing.

2 comments:

  1. So glad Awesome Emma loves her new school! And I think uniforms are a great idea...especially if you can accessorize with purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Emma will fit right in with her class.. She's so sweet and funny!

    ReplyDelete