Thursday, June 23, 2011

Trip Back Home!




It has been 5 months and a few days since we loaded up the Volvo and made the hike across country, and we decided that was long enough. we booked a trip back to Atlanta.To say it was busy, is an understatement. I think we were all more tired after going than when we left. I just now feel like we are all back on schedule but I would not leave any o it out. We got to see so many people we love, it was hard to get back on the plane without taking everyone with us.
Day 1....
Dave and I spent most of the day at our old house cleaning it and sprucing it up a bit. It is still on the market and we keep saying a prayer to St. Joseph that it will sell soon. Managing two households on two different coasts is challenging.
At the end of the day I got to see my girlfriends for a night at Eclipse di Luna. It was so great to catch up and everyone looks great and their families are all growing and getting more beautiful by the minute. I drank way too much wine, but the hangover.... completely worth it.
Day 2...
We spent most of the morning again at our old house. The afternoon , however, we hit Mimi and Gramps' backyard paradise. Mr. Wiggles and the princess pool were a huge hit and the girls just loved it.
This picture sums up the attitude we sometimes see from Emma.
I did not realize that somewhere between 4 and 5 you become a teenager!
Sweet Gracie May!
Dave had a night out with the guys in East Cobb ( we are getting old when the suburbs are the hangout) and Emma and I went to Dea's house for a spend the night!

Day 3.....
Party Day!
We were fortunate enough to attend 2 very special birthday parties while we were home. First was Ann Cole's 2nd Birthday! She is absolutely adorable and looks just like Lane and Dea. She is a little peanut and has the cutest pig tails, ever! Dea did a fabulous job, as usual ,and we found out that Ellsion loves pimento cheese sandwiches.
After a little Wii playing time, which I am going to be practicing my tennis skills for my next match up with the Canovas, we headed over the Gracie May's Ice Cream Shoppe! It was a blast!
Emma and Grace sitting on the Miami "Mimi" Dolphins towel

Bonnie looking cute as ever!
Grace giving Ellison a love pat
A for her party, a special birthday twirl!
We are so proud of our nieces. They are beautiful inside and out and the girls had an unforgettable time with them.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment