Monday, June 6, 2011

Turtle Bay


So as summer has arrived, I decided to have the girls and Miss Kiara travel with me one day a week to see parts of the state that they have never seen before. It still feels like February here, so in many ways I feel like we are on winter break. You can tell I am a little bitter about the weather!
This past week we went to Redding , about 2:45 Northwest of Sacramento,and stopped at the Turtle Bay Exploratory Park. I dropped Kiara and the girls off to go exploring while I headed over to one of the hospitals to talk about snakes!
They found a lot of cool exhibits. Emma's two favorites the Parrot Playhouse and the build a dam water area.
Feeding the parrots
Ellison likes the water just as much!
Checking out the Wetlands and looking for Saturn


We also could walk across the Sundial Bridge.
Backdrop to Redding

We stayed close to home this weekend trying to get ready for our trip back to the east coast. Finley came over to play and Emma did mange to take a bike ride with her buddies, Alex and Danny.
And Yes, a little science experiment too!

1 comment: