Friday, February 18, 2011

The Losinwalds take the Capital and more.....

One of my old neighbors, Tammy, gave me some great advice when we moved here. She said, " pretend like you guys are tourists for the next year and try and go and see everything you can because it makes the transition so much easier." So that is just what we have decided to do. One day out of each weekend we are trying to go and discover something new about our new home state (new to us).
We decided to start with the State Capital Building! Unlike Georgia, California's State Capital Building is surrounded by the most beautiful landscape and is safe to walk around and visit. One os every type of tree that is found in California grows on the property.
There are the most beautiful citrus trees, a Cactus garden( Emma's favorite), a rose garden and sculptures throughout. We have not been inside of it yet we are saving that for another day!

We have also named certain days we are all together as a "VANS Day!" We all now own a pair of vans ( Dave is beside himself) and Emma insists that we all wear them at the same time. So if you come to visit, you must leave with a pair of Vans! ( Mimi we will give it another try next time!)
Our next adventure was to a small town called Sutter Creek. It is located in Amador county and is about 30 minutes away. It is an old mining town and most of it was built during the gold rush. It is a beautiful drive. I never thought of California being so picturesque. I guess I always thought of it as LA or San Fran, but driving through the countryside I feel like I am in a foreign country.
We had a great time eating lunch, stopping at the ice cream store and enjoying the day.
Did I mention it is right by the Shenandoah Valley. Hello, WINE TASTING!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great advice, Tammy! So glad you're spending family time exploring your new surroundings! And I promise that Gramps and I will be sporting new Vans after our next visit!! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete