We live 64 miles from our door to the ski resort. It was a day when they were calling for chains to go over the summit unless you had 4 wheel drive and snow tires. Snow Tires? I was pretty sure the Volvo had all wheel drive, and coming from GA , no Snow tires. But we were not going to Summit the mountain, so we forged forward with the plan.
We drove straight through the mountains and past Bridal Veil falls. It was breathtaking and you literally see people pulling off the side of the road and putting on their chains.
We made it to our destination and got Emma into school and away she went. We signed her up for full day because their was only a $10 difference and thought better to have her a spot than not.
So as Emma got acquainted, Dave, Ellison and I headed out to the resort to check things out. It is pretty small for as many people as were there. We were able to set up camp right next to a window that overlooked ski school and so we watched.
What we saw was our Emma went from Super Shark girl to Super Ski Girl. SHE LOVED IT!!!!!!! Dave and I went over a few times to check on her and she was having nothing to do with not skiing or playing in the snow.
The three of us just hung out all day and watched her. Next time Dave and I will take turns hitting the slopes until Ellison is a little older and I can hitch her up to a little sled and take her down the bunny slope. Until then it is ski and beer!
I can not tell you how happy it makes me to see Emma enjoy herself at something I loved to do so much growing up. I can see many more weekends ahead of us at Tahoe and years of memories as a family!
Can't wait for everyone to join us!
No comments:
Post a Comment