Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bitter Sweet!


We officially no longer live in Georgia. I know technically that we have not lived there since January 1st, but this past Friday we sold our house.
I say bitter sweet for a couple of reasons.

Sweet because Dave and I are relieved that we do not to have to worry about managing a household 3000 miles away and paying bills for two homes. Also, the stress of getting that contract and working out all the details, has finally come to an end.

Bitter because I think Friday when I got the call from our Realtor, that everything went smoothly, it hit me. We no longer live in the place where our family started. We are officially Californians, in every sense of the word.

It meant for me, that the chapter of our lives in GA has officially closed and we have moved on. I know it sounds silly, but our house was always a little ( or a huge , depending on how you looked at it) tie to everything that made Dave, I and our girls who we are today.

Our family and friends are all still there but now when we visit we will be true visitors.

I hope the family that bought our home is as happy as we were there. They sure got a great deal and left Dave and I feeling a little sore to sit down, if you know what I mean! Ha. Ha!

But I do wish them well and Dave and I are excited about finding a home here is California and start writing that next chapter in our families life.

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you guys were finally able to sell the house. I hope you find a home there that makes you as happy as your GA home did. You won't be completely visitors when you come. GA will always be a little bit of home for you--at least I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and you never know...you might be back one day :)

    ReplyDelete