I had to go back to Monterey for work this past week and decided to take the kids and Miss Kiara with me. We loaded up the Malibu for another couple of days on the Coast.The weather was not great on the first day. Farmer's Almanac, Dave, shared with us that is had not rained more than 4 days in June for 150 years. This past Tuesday was day number 5. Plus it is always 20 degrees colder in this area, hence the sweaters. The best months to travel to this part, if you want warm is September, October and November. That did not stop us from having good time.
The girls hit the Aquarium again and we managed to walk through the rain to Old Fisherman's Wharf for dinner.
We stayed closer to downtown Monterey this time and is was great. They had a Farmer's Market going on in the rain, too. It also had a crepe shop that served breakfast. I think we all loved it. Who Wouldn't? When you can have chocolate and strawberries rolled in a sweet crepe for breakfast.












One thing I forgot to mention was Emma's new obsession with Cars 2. Now she wants this to be the theme of the 5th birthday! Holly Shiftwell enjoyed her vacation as well. I also discovered that Emma's feet had grown 2 sizes since she las had her Vans on. Thank goodness for Walgreens.
Wednesday before heading back towards home, we made another trip to Dennis the Menace park.
From there we made a quick stop to what I now call my new favorite place, Carmel-by-the-sea. This place is UNBELIEVABLE!!!! It is quaint in all the right ways. It has small boutique shopping, no commercialized hotel chains just small bed and breakfasts and at the very end of Ocean Drive is this amazing view. You can see Pebble Beach on one side and the mountains on the other. I can not wait to go back. Anyone coming to visit for a period of time, needs to make this place part of their stop. Ellison also got her first real dose of playing in beach sand and how it tastes.
From there we stopped in Gilroy and the kids went to Gilroy Gardens. We wish we had more time to explore, but we needed to keep on going. Gilroy Gardens is a theme park that is set to represent the area. Gilroy is the Garlic capital and so the rides were shaped liked Garlic bulbs and of course they had Garlic food ( none of which the girls ate). Also, Artichokes and strawberries are big in that area.
It was a full two days but I was so happy that I did not have to spend a night away from the Girls and that they could enjoy more of California. Our adventures keep on going!
No comments:
Post a Comment