Friday, May 27, 2011

Move me up to KINDERGARTEN!!!


Yes, Emma is now officially a KINDERGARTNER! I can not believe it. I know I keep saying it and people tell me all the time, but time really does fly by!
Ms. Perry could not have planned a better way to say goodbye to Jr K, than a beach themed party at Bounce Town!

Emma had a blast, what kid wouldn't. She bounced and snacked. They sang a song with sign language, titled Move me up to Kindergarten, to the tune of Take me out to the ball game. Too cute!

It was then each child's turn to come and get their certificate and tell the group what they want to be when they grow up. Emma, for the first time ever said" Nurse". Not sure when the change from Astronaut and Rock climber came in, but I am happy to see she is open to new careers.
I have to mention a few of the others, " A regular guy with tats", " A face painter", " A Vet", " A Ballerina", " A Firefighter" and " A football player".

I have to say,as I have in many posts before, that these past few months at Golden Hills School have been such a positive influence on Emma. It has given her confidence, friendships and challenged her in the way she needs to be challenged as a 4 year old. She is the second to youngest to be in Kindergarten, next year, but I am confident she is going to do great. and for Dave and I we have met some of the nicest families, which has been great for us being new!

Emma and Ellison hit the park after the party for a little Fairy Bike riding
fun and later it was a trip to Macaroni Grill for a celebration dinner with Dad.
A great day!

I have a little tear in my eye as I write this thinking how special she is. How many 4 year olds like The Food Network, love going on family adventures, have a special liking for snakes and now Birds of the Rainforest( our new 5th birthday theme). She loves to dress up but also look for bugs and play pirate. Her imagination has no end and her memory is like that of an elephant. SHE DOES NOT FORGET ANYTHING!!!! She is loving, kind and thinks about others. I could go on and on as her Mother, so I will stop. I just LOVE her!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Emma! It's been fun to watch (well, via your blog) her become a confident little girl. Although we wish you guys were still here, the move has been so good for her. Congratulations to you and Dave for raising her to be a "loving, kind, and thinks about others" girl. :) She's a smart little one and will do amazing in kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Emma (and Ellison) too! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete