Today would have been my Grandmother's 99th birthday! I miss her so. She was an amazing woman and she is such a huge part of who I am. I think about her everyday and feel so lucky that I had such a wonderful relationship with her. I am also blessed that Emma knew her and remembers her. I was sad that Ellison never had a chance to meet her, but every time I look into Ellison's eyes I see my grandmother's. Those beautiful big blue eyes!
I only hope my girls have the same relationship with their Grandmothers. I hope that I am as good as my mother at giving them that opportunity, which means many trips back to the East Coast.
My Uncle Ron sent me a gift recently that will be a part of our family's home for years to come.
He made this birdhouse from the barn that is still on the property and next to the house where my grandmother was born and raised. The barn where she and her siblings would go and milk the cows tend to the horses and store their grain. I am guessing he gathered all the materials when we were in North Dakota this past October to lay my Grandmother in her final resting place.
I just could not go through today without saying a quick remembrance to her and for sharing this wonderful gift.
I love and miss you, Grandmother!
What a sweet post, Stacy. Saying a prayer right now for you and your mom to be comforted by happy memories on what I know is a difficult day for both of you. Love you and miss you!
ReplyDeleteI know how much your Grandmother is missed, and she will certainly never be forgotten. What a wonderful keepsake from your Uncle. Happy Birthday Grandmother Florence.
ReplyDeleteShe really was a sweet sweet lady, as are you and Barbara. Emma and Ellison will be amazing women too. Love you guys.
ReplyDelete